It’s been a busy week here on the Ranch. We are in, as I call it, “hunker down and get ‘er done” mode. I am going out of town next week and I always have a sense of urgency to get even the stupidest of things done before I leave.
– Write those thank you notes for my birthday gifts…from August.
– Pay the internet bill…with a check because our internet provider doesn’t have online billing nor do they autobill (only in the sticks-right?).
– Stock the fridge with food for Dave and the kids. I have to remind myself that’s it’s not as if Dave can’t feed himself or go buy cat food should the need arise. There is a little 1950’s housewife in me who feels like Dave will live on Kraft Mac n’ Cheez and our chubby cats will starve if I’m not around.
– Wash every item of laundry I can get my hands on, leaving empty baskets. Really? As if Dave, the mechanical engineer, is going to put bleach in the soap dispenser, throw a load of our best colorful, knit clothes in and set the washer to hot water?
– Respond to any lingering emails or Facebook messages. For the record, I am not going to Mars. They do have internet where I am headed.
These are just a few of the dumb tasks that woke me up at 2:30AM today. My brain is on overload. In an effort not to wake the house, I got up, tiptoed into the guest room and played on Pinterest for 2 hours. Yep. That’ll check things off the ol’ To Do List.
Dave took the photo above this morning of the light hitting the wall and the patio door. It makes me think that I need to just chill out and enjoy the peace and quiet of our house.